Come join vegans, animal rights activists, and people who like to hang out with such people–at the Vegan Utopia Ecovillage: a vision in process.
We are still developing this. If you have input we would love to hear it! I hope we can do this around Labor Day.
If you answer yes to the following questions, you will love this event!
- Do you want to help create a vegan utopia starting in one place?
- Would you like to explore living in community for a week or two–with the possibility of a longer commitment?
- Are you hardy? Adventuresome? Lover of the great outdoors?
- Do you want to learn skills that you will use for the rest of your life to cultivate deep friendships and healthy community
- Do you want to start a community of your own?
- Would you like to experience a super healthy lifestyle–physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually?
- Do you want to possibly make, life-long friends with people who have shared values?
Come join us at the Vegan Friendship Camp at the Vegan Utopia Ecovillage and Learning Center
Help make our vision manifest even more as well as get so many benefits!
As we work on useful projects that will help Vegan Utopia Ecovillage and Learning Center build more infrastructure, you will:
- Learn and practice skills that help us all live in healthy community
- Build long-lasting, healing friendships so that even when we leave we can stay connected.
- Get familiar with the co-founders, friends of VUE, and the land itself so you can decide if you want to make a longer commitment
Come play and work with us in a space were everyone’s needs matter!
Cost: (all proceeds go to help VUE development)
$210-$500 per week (sliding scale) Discounts available for volunteers who have skills we need, and for multiple weeks.
There are some scholarships available. Contact Patricia at firstname.lastname@example.org for application
Accommodations: Tent camping, RV’s and trailers (no hook ups). Limited dorm sleeping inside community building.
Food: Vegan-Gluten and oil free, organic as much as possible. Lots of raw salad and fruit.
Daily Schedule: (may be adjusted slightly)
7am Yoga, meditation, silent prayer and journaling (optional attendance)
8:30-9:30 am Breakfast
9:45-10:15 Open Space Circle: We check in, connect, and plan our day according to people’s needs.
10:30-12:00 Everyone attends a daily training circle where they learn skills in friendship cultivation and healthy community building taught by Patricia Mikkelson and Cliff Mikkelson, Co-founders of VUE, and others who come to join us. To be announced. Everyone will be part of a small group of 3 or 4 people who will form a friendship circle
1:30-5 PM Schedule created during open space: see below for possible activities
6:30-7 clean up
7-8 debrief day in small groups with a creative process called the Friendship Circle, created and practiced by the members of the mission circle of VUE
8-9:30 Fun things like campfires, singing, open mic, dramatic presentations, dancing. Or, extend your friendship circle.
10:00 quiet time honoring needs of those who need to get to sleep!
Options to participate in open space activities include:
- swimming/kayaking in lake
- Explore the property and surrounding areas
- Making trails
- Clearing the forest to make a campground
- Building a treehouse
- Preparing plant-based food
- Building hugelkultur beds/learn about veganic gardening
- Identify and harvest wild edibles
- Classes in oneness
- Cooperative games
- The art of weeping in order to heal trauma through inner parenting
- Creating art together: drama, music, visual art
- Organizing the resource yard
- Designing a land use plan
- Field trip to award winning recycling center in Huntsville
- Field trip to nearby hiking trails in the National Forest
- Field trip to closest little town of Kingston
We will have a special day of activities at the Living Springs Park which is located right next to Prayer Lake. This area is part of our neighborhood, and we access to this beautiful private recreation area.
We will also have a day of action in Fayetteville/Springdale where we will experience a variety of animal rights activism including a vigil at Tyson, chalking, leafleting, and Anonymous for the Voiceless, and a DxE action. .